Cadets Welfare Society
CADETS WELFARE SOCIETY
- The NCC Cadets Welfare Society was established in 1985 is functioning at HQ DGNCC, New Delhi.
- It is mandatory for anyone joining NCC as a cadet to become a member of this Society by paying Rs. 15/- (one time) at the time of enrollment.
- The Society provides following benefits :-
- Financial assistance/relief. In case of a death during normal NCC activity, the nominee is
provided a financial assistance of Rs. 4,50,000/- and in case of death in high risk activity Rs. 5 lacs. It
also takes care of treatment if injury takes place during any NCC activity.
- Scholarships. It provides yearly 1000 scholarships of Rs. 6000/- each (one time) based on academic
performance. Out of total 1000 vacancies, minimum ¼ ie 250 scholarships are given to cadets coming from
- Best Cadet awards. Based on the performance of a cadet in NCC, there are Best and 2nd Best
Cadet awards constituted at the Group HQ level. The Best cadet is given an award of Rs. 3,500/- and 2nd Best
- The details about the above can be obtained from the respective NCC units.